Highly Trained, Experienced Orthodontists
If you are looking for highly trained and experienced orthodontists in Abilene, Texas, you have come to the right place. At our practice, you will receive the highest quality orthodontic treatment with the utmost attention to detail. All of our patients are important to us and we want your experience to be a pleasant one. From the moment you walk into our office, you will receive a warm and friendly greeting from our staff.
Scheduling AppointmentsTo make an appointment, you can call us at 325-692-7272 or complete the contact form. We ask that if there is any reason that you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please give us at least 48 hours notice.
Payment OptionsWe accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards, personal check and cash. We also offer in-office financial arrangements. We also participate with many dental insurance plans. To find out if we accept your plan, please call our office.
Meet Our Doctors
Kevin L. Carlton, DDS, MS.
As a highly skilled orthodontist, Dr. Carlton is dedicated to building relationships with his patients while providing quality care and creating beautiful smiles in a comfortable and friendly office environment.
- 1995 – University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio – Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- 2000 – University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Master of Science with Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics
- Years in practice: Practiced general dentistry from 1995-1998, started orthodontics practice in 2000.
- Awards: Graduated Summa Cum Laude from University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio; Selected into Omicron Kappa Upsilon (national dental honor society); Kenneth D. Rudd Award for excellence in clinical dentistry; certificate of specialty in orthodontics.
- Associations: American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontics
- Publications: November 2002 November 2002: American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics – Prospective study of post treatment changes in the temporomandibular joint.
- Hobbies: Hunting, golfing, watching my sons compete in sports (golf, football, and baseball), coaching Little League baseball and spending time with my family.
- Personal: Married to his high school sweetheart, Lisa, since August 1990, they are the proud parents of three boys, Zach, Connor and Landry. They are members of Wylie Baptist Church. Dr. Carlton has been active with the 17th District Dental Society since 2000 and served as president 2005-2006. He has been a delegate or alternate delegate for the Texas Dental Association House of Delegates since 2006.
Luke Chastain, DDS, MS.
Dr. Chastain is a highly skilled orthodontist that prides himself on creating beautiful smiles in a comfortable environment. He stays up to date on the latest technology and builds personal relationships with each patient as they get the smile they’ve always dreamed of!
- 2015 – Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences; Texas A&M University, College Station
- 2019 – Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS); Texas A&M College of Dentistry, Dallas
- 2022 – Master of Science (MS) and certificate in Orthodontics; Texas A&M College of Dentistry, Dallas
- Awards: Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas A&M University; Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas A&M College of Dentistry; Salutatorian of dental school class; Selected into Omicron Kappa Upsilon (national dental honor society); William and Jessamine Younger Award/Scholarship in Orthodontics; Outstanding Dental Student Award
- Associations: Member of American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association, and the American Association of Orthodontics
- Publications: December 2018; Angle Orthodontist – Incidence of White Spot Lesions Among Patients Treated with Clear Aligners and Traditional Braces.
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family, exercising, golf, sports (intramural football and basketball), winning fantasy football championships
- Personal: I married my high school sweetheart, Melissa, from Brownwood, Texas in 2015. Together we have 2 children, Evelyn and Brooks Chastain. We attend Beltway Park Church. We feel so incredibly blessed to be back in Abilene and love serving the Big Country community.